Craft Project Central

by ktstamps, 11:54 PM
Each month in addition to the great 3D projects that they have for us, they also host a monthly card challenge – Creating Pretty Cards!!  I wanted to participate in a challenge I and chose Craft Project Central

Here is the sketch of the challenge.

Here is my idea...

This is also a sneak peak of the NEW Products coming out August 1st in our Holiday Catalog.

Here is what I did to create this card!

I used Real Red, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso,  and Lucky Limeade as my card stock.   I ran the long Apothecary Accents Framelit through my Big Shot cutting out the template in Early Espresso Card stock.

From the Holiday Catalog, I used the Holiday Ornaments Framelit Dies and ran them through the Big Shot.   I cut out 3 ornaments from Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP.  I took out my Simply Score and scored each ornament down the middle or in half.  Taking my Tombo glue, I glued  3 ornaments together.   I snailed the  Apothecary Accents Framelit to the Right side of the Real Red card stock.

Using my new 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" Piercing mat;  taking out my new piercing tool and the Festive Paper-Piercing pack and pierced around my Apothecary Accents Framelit  on the Real Red card stock.   It was so easy to follow the pattern.   Stampin' Up has done a great job of adding new ways to create awesome cards.

Taking about 6" of Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, I tied a knot at one end...leaving a little room for something to dangle off the end and  tucked the other end behind the Real Red card stock.   I used Glue dots to hold it down.   Then I took 2 Basic Glimmer Silver Brads and cut off the ends.  I used Crystal Effects to glue the 2 brads together at the end of the ribbon.

I took a small piece of ribbon and glue dotted it around the top of the ornament.  (Really this was suppose to add ribbon or Baker's Twine towards the bottom but it fit better at the top.)  I added a bow on top of the ribbon and ornament.

I put the card together and added the saying from Joyous Celebrations in Early Espresso ink.   Taking my Tombo glue, I glued the ornament to the card.  The card needed a little something, so I mixed some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with alcohol in one of our Stampin' Spritzers and sprayed the card.

Here is a close up of the piercing

Hope you enjoyed my card.   Please free to leave a comment or click here to place an order.

SHARE 5 comments

Add your comment