I fell in love with the Medallion background stamp when I first saw the new catalog. Putting in my first order, I forgot to order it. (I just wanted sooo much and my list was sooo big!) So, I had to wait a month to make my next order. It has been a long wait.
I have seen some great cards made with this stamp set.
I decided I wanted to play with the new Shimmer paint from the
Here is how I created my card.
- I took the top off one of the plastic stamp container to mix my colors
- I added one drop of the Platinum Shimmer Paint and 2-3 drops of Brilliant Blue refill ink.
- I used my brayer to mix the colors together.
- I then brayered the ink mixture onto the Medallion stamp and stamped the design on Whisper White card stock.
- Stamp the saying from All Holiday with Brilliant Blue Craft ink. I used Clear embossing powder to have it stand out.
- I popped out the light blue rhinestone from the Circle Ice brads and added it to the center of the medallion.
- I assembled the card. (Whisper white, Brushed Silver, and the Brilliant Blue card stock.)
I really enjoyed the way the card turned out. The Shimmer paint toned down the brightness of the Blue.
I would love to do a workshop for you and your friends. This is a great way to learn new techniques, learn about Stampin' Up! and create some great cards. Please email or place on-line order with me.
Thank you for stopping by!